Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mary Is On The Soap Box


Things are moving fast here at Van Bert Farms. We are all pushing to get our selves and our horses to the World Show. It is going to be a very nice show and I look forward to seeing everyone there. We have had a nice long time to work on everything since the last show was the 4th of July. We are looking forward to seeing some of our clients that live far away and hope all of you have a safe trip in to see your horses. I think over all, the group of horses that we are showing and selling here at VBF are the best we have ever had. Our clients have some outstanding Mountain Horses and we appreciate your trust in us to care for them. Now is the time to buy, buy, buy. We will be offering some really good deals on many of our horses, so stay in touch with the website and check them out. WORLD SHOW SPECIALS????

Last week we hosted the annual Farmer Banker Field Day. A long time tradition to our little county. We worked very hard to get everything in order and clean for the 300+ people. This is the first time we have hosted the event since my grandfather died back in the 60's, but there were still several people who attended and remembered being here then. Things like this event always gives us the drive to repair and clean and see things from a visitor's eye.

We had a nice visit from Mary and her sister Elanor (or as Mary calls her Elner). We talked about the blog and how remiss I have been in posting and so I decided I must get back here and tell everyone all the news that is going on here. I am a member of Mary's blog so I checked out some of her entries. I couldn't help but smile because I could really feel the steam in her entry about the car. Of course I got it, the car was just the straw that broke the camel's back, and it pushed Mary onto the soap box. Sometimes we just have to vent..:o)

On a good note Mom is doing well, but on a bad one Jamie had a kidney stone so he was in the hospital for two days. On a good note, he is home, feeling better and he doesn't have to worry about that anymore.

I have posted a couple more videos... check out our website and see what you think. The juvenile 11 and under classes for trail and country trail are on there from the Summer Celebration and I also have put some video of Diamond Venture and Dressed For Success. S.T. is taking them through the obstacle course. They are trained by Dad and are really push button especially to be as young as they are. It really takes a lot of patience to do the obstacles, but these horses are so willing to learn they work really hard at pleasing the rider. The classes in the shows are always well attended and the competition is very stiff.

I have posted a picture I compiled from the Field Day. Kaylee took the pictures, I thought she did an excellent job, what do you think?

No comments:

 
Blog Information Profile for morrisdrake