Friday, December 12, 2008

Winter on the Farm


You really have to love your horses to go out in the winter weather to take care of them. They are totally dependant on you so don't forget them. I could not believe how the snow hit us last night! We went to bed thinking all would be fair today and then boom, all this wet, cold snow was on us. Like I tell everyone, when I am asked if Kentucky gets much snow, I say, " yea, but it is usually gone by noon", and so it goes the same for today. It was pretty while it lasted, but I am not a winter person, so all I want to do is go home and get back in bed. I really don't care how pretty it is! I hate being cold, I hate the mud, and I miss the sun! I did get a chance to take a few pictures of horses outside running and playing, (like the one on the front page of our website).


Make sure your horses have plenty of hay (that will generate body heat) and plenty of water, and then go home, turn on some nice music, make a fire and curl up with a good book. Yea, right!
 
Blog Information Profile for morrisdrake